Sunday 7 February 2010

Highland Fling - Dunblane Hydro*



It's February, it's cold and I need some tartan in my life. And some dark panelled walls. Oh, and some cosy deep red velvet chairs. Just to keep me warm from the snow, don't you know. I've just spent four lovely days at the Double Tree at Dunblane Hydro. It's hard to find highland interiors chic though the miles of hotels that cater for the retirement set. I loved the Hydro for it's contemporary scottish style - antler mirrors, tarten covered modernist chairs and ballsy Farrow and Ball Downpipe walls. The gallery of black and white photos details the Scottish great and the good that have stayed here. It is the perfect place to hole up in with a strong drink and a window framed view to the hills outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment